I much prefer these to the tradtional mince pies, which I find too dry & filling. You can make these & freeze them before the baking stage, andthen bake from frozen when needed. I have about 10 in my freezer now, for when guests pop round.
- 500g block all-butter puff pastry
- flour , for dusting
- 450g mincemeat (see 'goes well with')
- 1 egg white , lightly beaten
- golden caster sugar
- Roll the pastry out to about the thickness of a 50p piece on to a floured surface, and cut out 10cm circles, then continue to re-roll and cut out until you have about 18 circles.
- Place 1 tsp of mincemeat in the centre of each circle, brush the edges with egg white, then gather together tightly to completely encase the mincemeat.
- Flip the pies over so the sealed edges are underneath, then squash them with your hand so you have a small puck-shaped pie.
- Cut two small slits in the top of each pie, brush generously with egg white and scatter with sugar. The pies can now be frozen for up to 2 months. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and bake for 15 mins from raw or 25-30 mins from frozen.