Sunday 23 January 2011

Easy vanilla ice-cream

 I made very easy ice-cream with the kids yesterday. The kids loved it, with lots of sprinkles on! I dont have an ice-cream maker, so we had to stir by hand every 45 minutes. Even so, it was still very easy and only has 4 ingredients, perfect for children.
Excuse the rubbish photo! I didnt realisethere was shadow until after the kids had eaten all the ice cream!
Serves 3 children

120 ml semi-skimmed milk
50g white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
120 ml double cream

In one bowl, mix the milk, suagr & vanilla extract. In another bowl, whisk the double cream until thick.  Add to the milk mixture & combine. If you have an ice-cream maker, pour into the bowl & churn as per instructions.

If doing by hand, tip the mixture into a freezer-proof tub & place into teh freezer. Ever 40/45 minutes, mix the ice cream well, breaking up all ice crystals until smooth. Repeat until the mixture is completely frozen. Serve with plenty of sprinkles!

1 comment:

  1. I've necer tried making my own ice cream before but I must give it a go. My mum has an ice cream maker but I like the idea of the old style way. Theres also a way to make it that involves using 2 tin cans and alot of shaking but I cant quite remember all about it

    ReplyDelete