Sunday 7 August 2011

BBQ Pork skewers

These were so tasty! They need to be prepped in advance, as they are best being marinated over night (though you could possibly get away with marinating for just an hour). I cooked them on my George Forman grill, but they wold be fantastic on a bbq. I served mine with egg fried rice.






1kg of diced pork (I bought loin steaks & diced them into the size I wanted)

Marinade

2 tbsp peanut butter
235ml coca-cola
1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
2 tbsps. lemon juice

3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 crushed garlic clove

Glaze
60ml tomato ketchup
3 tbsps. honey
1 tbsps. light soy sauce
1 tbsp. cooking oil

Mix the marinade ingredients together, add the pork & thoroughly coat. Leave to marinate overnight if possible. Thread onto skewers. Grill for 2 minutes each side. Brush on the glaze and grill for few minutes on each side to set the glaze.


Taken from this amazing  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment