Saturday 28 April 2012

Chicken Curry



I havent had time for much cooking this week! We have eaten out a couple of times and then my husband cooked one night. It has been an easy & relaxed week for me :) We tried out a new restaurant that opened up in town. I had the duck rilletes with a spiced plum chutney for my starter, which was very delicious! For my main meal, I tried their "Catch of the Day" which was 4 pieces of locally caught fish (we are a fishing town and this restaurant is right on the harbour). There was rainbow trout, sea bass, lemon sole & halibut. I did enjoy it, but I was disappointed that all the fish was over cooked. You have to cook fish so carefully! Hopefully it was just opening week nerves and because they were so busy.

Anyway, I did manage to cook one meal this week - chicken curry! I rarely cook these from scratch, I do tend to use a decent curry paste to make them. I was directed to this brilliant blog called mamtas kitchen.  I found a recipe for an easy basic curry sauce, so I gave it a go. The resulting curry tasted great! You can add what you like to it, so I went for a Korma slant as that is one of my favourites. Next time, I am going to make up a big batch of the basic sauce and freeze some. I cant wait to try out different flavours!

I used this recipe here for the basic sauce. I added chicken, ground almonds, fenugreek leaves, dessicated coconut & single cream, to make a wonderful mild tasty curry. Going to omit the cream next time for a spicier taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment