Saturday 14 April 2012

Come Dine With Me

My husband is cooking dinner for us tonight (Haggis, neeps & tatties!), I thought Id share some old food photos.

Way back in September, me & 3 friends decided to host our own "Come Dine With Me" experience. I went first, and thoroughly enjoyed cooking for my 3 close friends. It was a fun evening too, wine flowed freely. All my dishes were prepared in advance, so perfect for a dinner party, you can enjoy & spend time with your guests without worrying about the cooking.

This was my menu ...

Starter 

Chicken liver parafits, apple & saffron chutney, melba toasts, homegrown salad.

Main Course

Baked Spanish risotto, homemade bread

Dessert

Lime cheesecake & chocolate dipped strawberries.




Chicken liver parfait recipe here. Apple & Saffron chutney here.


 Baked Spanish Risotto recipe here.
Lime Cheesecake

juice and zest of two limes
2 tubs of mascarpone cheese
4 oz icing sugar
1 packet ginger biscuits
3oz butter

Blitz biscuits and mix with butter to make the base. Chill.
Mix mascarpone, icing sugar and zest & juice of limes together and top the biscuit base. I made chocolate leaves for decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment