Tuesday 10 April 2012

Honey roasted cherry tomatoes

I think I have mentioned my newest cookbook a few posts ago, the wonderful Rivercottage Veg Everyday. We are not vegetarians, nowhere near it, but this book really makes vegetable dishes look and taste amazing! Today I tried the honey roasted cherry tomatoes. These can be served with risotto, other roast veg or just on toast (as I had it). This was divine! No one else fancied it, so I had 3 small toasts topped with it, and put the leftovers in the fridge ... with a plan to gobble them up tomorrow!


Ingredients:
  • 500g cherry tomatoes
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 tablespoon clear honey
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C/Gas Mark 5.  Lightly oil a medium roasting dish.  Halve the tomatoes and place them, cut side up, in the dish.  They should fit snugly with little or no space between them.
  2. Crush the garlic with a pinch of salt, then beat it with the honey, olive oil and a good grinding of pepper.  Spoon this sticky, garlicky mixture over the cherry tomatoes.  Roast for about 30 minutes, until golden, juicy and bubbling.

4 comments:

  1. I have this book too - isn't it fab! Have you seen Plenty by Yotam Ottelenghi? That is my new favourite vege cookbook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I havent even heard of it! Must have a look, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these tomatoes, and the book. truly recommended plenty to me and it's great - also The Accidental Vegetarian by Simon Rimmer. I've cooked lots out of Veg Everyday - you might enjoy some of my thoughts...(shameless self pulicising there)http://recipe-junkie.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Veg%20Everyday

    ReplyDelete