Tuesday 17 April 2012

Jellybean Cupcakes



It was a miserable wet afternoon today, so me & the Wee Man did a bit of baking. I'd recently bought a bag of jellybeans, so thought they would be a nice decoration. Whilst we were making the cake mixture, I decided to drop some jellybeans into each case too! These actually melted a little whilst baking, so they make a nice gooey surprise inside the cake.


 To make 10 large or 12 average size fairy cakes.

100g caster sugar
100g self-raising flour, sifted
100g butter
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
jellybeans (4 per cupcake)

Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Cream the sugar & butter together. Add the sifted flour, baking powder & eggs, and combine. Spoon into parer cup cases in a muffin/cake tray. Push 2 jellybeans into each cake. Bake for 15/20 minutes in the oven. Remove & let them cool and transfer to a wire rack.

Buttercream icing -
140g butter, softened
280g icing sugar
1-2 tbsp milk
few drops food colouring

 Pipe the icing onto the cupcakes & a couple of jellybeans on top for decoration. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. They look fab! I'm pretending the ones I made this afternoon with my Little People look like yours while I'm scoffing and typing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. look great - I am in awe of people who can pipe icing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look yum! My problem is I fill my cases too high - they spill over, the original muffin top I guess (only cupcake!)
    I haven't got my icing squirter out of the box yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow; these look wonderful. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm i like the idea of the gooey jelly beans inside

    ReplyDelete