Wednesday 11 April 2012

Rice Krispies Chicken Nuggets

Well, when I first read about this my first thought was "yuk!". Then I thought, I should at least give them a try ... I like chicken, I like mayonaise and I like Rice Krispies. They were actually quite nice! I think the mayonaise tenderises the chicken (much like buttermilk does) and teh rice krispies are wonderfully crunchy. I made about 10 nuggets in my first try - which Wee Man refused to touch! So I ate them all myself - whoops. So moreish! Im hoping Big Bee and Little Bee will be more willing to try them when they return from their holiday. This is a Lisa Faulkner recipe, from her cookbook From my Mother to My Daughter.



Ingredients - makes 10 chicken nuggets

2 chicken breasts, each cut into 5 pieces.
2 tablespoons of mayonaise
Rice crispies mixed with salt & pepper, to dip the nuggets into & coat.


Dip each piece of chicken into the mayonaise & coat. Dip into the rice crispies & push to thoroughly coat. Transfer to a baking tray & cook in the oven at 190C for 20/25 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. They actually look deliciously crunchy!
    Any suggestions for what I could use instead of mayonnaise? My son has an egg and dairy allergy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think a dairy free/soya yogurt would work well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would eat that :-)

    ReplyDelete