Wednesday 23 May 2012

Chicken Tandoori Kebabs



Wow, it's warm here today. Nobody wanted anything heavy or too hot, and I certainly didnt want to be stuck in the kitchen with the oven on! I had chicken breasts in the fridge, so the obvious choice was chicken kebabs! I also had a tub of the home made pesto I had made a few days ago, so decided to have that mixed through with cold cooked pasta as a side dish. A nice big bowl of salad, some tzatziki I made using this Nigal Slater recipe and some warm pitta breads = perfect dinner on a hot day!

4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
4 tablespoons natural yogurt
1 tablespoon tandoori spice mix
1 red pepper deseeded & cut into large chunks
1 yellow pepper deseeded & cut into large chunks
1 onion cut into wedges

Mix the tandoori spices with the yogurt, and marinade the chicken in the mixture for at least 2 hours (overnight if possible). Once it is nicely marnited, thread onto skewers with pepper/onion. Grill or BBQ until the chicken is cooked through.

2 comments:

  1. I do similar, but without the peppers!
    I just can't like them, though I'll eat them occasionally since Niamh loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum - can smell the kebabs from here. We're camping at the weekend and will be BBQing on Saturday. I have kebabs on my list of things to take.

    ReplyDelete