Sunday 20 May 2012

Homemade Pesto


My first ever attempt at homemade pesto! Very tasty it was too - way better than jars of the stuff you can buy in supermarkets. I have been growing my own basil on my windowsill, so had plenty to use as it had really sprouted lately. This will keep in the fridge for a day or two, or cover with a layer of oil to keep for up to 4 days.

Large handful of basil leaves
3 tablespoons olive oil
25g freshly grated parmesan
25g toasted pine nuts
1 crushed garlic clove

Blend all together in a food processor or with a hand blender.

3 comments:

  1. Oh delicious! My sister grows bunches of basil in her garden in NZ - she is never without pesto through the summer. She uses cashews and rapeseed oil and it is totally yum and a bit cheaper!
    We love pesto with chicken and pasta - piled on top with fresh avocado, sun dried tomatoes and torn up mozzarella balls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds delicious! I have some left over, I might try that :)

      Delete
  2. lush! I made some a few weeks ago and it was gorgeous. Truly Myrtle's pesto chicken pasta sounds gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete