Friday 11 May 2012

Sausage Rolls


It's Takeaway night for my husband and me tonight, so the kids got a "lazy tea". These sausage rolls were very easy to put together, and I served them with beans. The kids totally devoured them & begged for more! I might make another batch & freeze them before baking, it would be very handy for having guests or a picnic.  I am going to try different flavours, like adding pickle or ketchup to the sausage mix. If I do try new flavours, I'll be sure to blog about it :D


Ingredients

  • ½ small garlic clove
  • handful parsley , chopped
  • 400g pack sausagemeat or sausages
  • 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
  • 1 beaten egg , to glaze

Crush the garlic with a pinch of salt, and mix with 50 ml of water. Put the sausage meat, garlic mix & parsley into a food processor & blitz til smooth. Unroll the puff pastry, and cut down the middle lengthwise. Cut each length into 3 square/rectangle pieces. Spoon the sausagemeat into the middle of the pastry, leaving a 1 cm edge. Brush the edge with beaten egg, and fold the pastry over to seal. They should look like this ...




Brush the tops with beaten egg and bake in the oven at 200c for about 35 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. These look lovely, I confess to buying 'Greggs sausage rolls' from Iceland for hungry boys returning from school.Obviously I've never tested them myself as I need to maintain my size 20 figure......

    ReplyDelete