Saturday 19 May 2012

Spanish Tortilla


Lunch today was a simple & easy Spanish Tortilla. I had left over Jersey Royal potatoes in the fridge, and I always have eggs & onions in. We had a wee discusiion about the differences between a tortilla and a fritata. I thought a Spanish Tortilla only had eggs, onion & potatoes, add anything else & it becomes a fritata. I am happy to be put right though, if I am wrong :) The kids have asked em to make one of these for their packed lunch next week, which I am very willig to do. I will probably add some ham to it though. My tortilla was for 5 people (well 4 and a wee bit, the wee man prefers the side salad!), I allow about 2 eggs per person.

1 onion, sliced into thin ha;f-moon slices
6 Jersey Royal potatos, sliced thinly (you can use any cooked potatoes)
Olive oil
9 eggs

Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry the onion & potatoes until softened & golden. Whisk the eggs lightly (dont over beat them), season & then add to the pan. Give the whole mixture a quick stir, then leave to cook through. Once the bottom is set, place the frying pan under a medium grill to cook the top. Serve with a side salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment