Tuesday 14 August 2012

Tomato & Garlic Soup



This recipe is one I found on another blog, here. The soup looked delicious, so I had to try it! It really was tasty, I ate 2 whole bowls for lunch. I have another 2 portions frozen, though I have a feeling I will be deforsting them soon. It is super healthy too, with all that garlic. The lady who created teh recipe also says that it is very tasty cold, so I may try it that way next.

 500g tomatoes, quartered
1 red pepper, deseeded & cut into chunks
2 red onions, peeled & cut into wedges
1 bulb of garlic, each clove seperated & peeled
600ml vegetable stock
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
Salt & pepper

Turn the oven to preheat at 220c. Put all the chopped veg into a roasting tin & spray with low cal spray, then season. Roast in the oven for about 45 mins, until all softened and starting to char slightly at the edges. Blend all the veg along with the stock, vinegar & worcester sauce until smooth. Garnish with basil and serve hot, or cool & serve cold.


2 comments:

  1. lovely - I can taste it from here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, just found this via MumsNet. Looks delish.

    ReplyDelete