Friday 25 January 2013

Loaded Chicken

I am back! After an extended Christmas break from my blog, I am here raring to go. I got a few good cookery books for Christmas that I will be testing out, including the Masterchef Everyday which I am excited by! I also got some fab foodie gifts, including a box of Pimenton, a grow your own Funky Veg kit and some Kewpie mayo. All will feature at some point, I am sure.

This is a recipe I threw together the other night when I just had bits & bobs left in the fridge. You could add anything that you would add to a pizza - go wild! I have tried with with chorizo instead of bacon, which was lovely. You could also try different cheeses. We ate ours with a side salad & homemade coleslaw.


The photos I took after it was cooked came out too blurry :( but I can vouch for how tasty they looked!

Serves 4

4 chicken breasts, cut into halves (so that you have 2 thin breast pieces per person)

Tomato sauce -

2 tblsps tomato puree
2 tblsps water
Pinch Italian herbs or basil
1 crushed garlic clove
Pinch onion powder/granules

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.

Suggested toppings -

Cheese (I used grated cheddar)
Bacon bits
Fried onion
Mushrooms
Ham
Sweetcorn
Peppers


Spread each chicken breast with the tomato sauce. Add your toppings (I used bacon, onion & mushrooms) and then top with cheese. Pop into a preheated oven at 200C for 30 minutes. Make sure the chicken is cooked through, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment