Sunday 27 January 2013

Oeufs En Cocotte


I stumbled across a Nigella recipe for a tasty breakfast. I get bored with breakfasts very quickly, so I love it when I find something new to try. We always have eggs in the house, so was able to rustle this up as soon as I saw this recipe. You will need a ramekin for each person.

Grease the ramekin with butter.
Preheat the oven to 189 c,
Allow 1-2 eggs per person. Crack them into the ramekin. Season & top with a tablespoon of cream.
Put the ramekins into a deep baking dish & pour in hot water to make a bain marie.
Pop the whole thing into the oven for around 10 minutes, a little earlier if you want a runny yolk.

1 comment:

  1. This looks great, and sounds so easy -
    I'm looking forward to trying it with our chickens' eggs at the weekend -
    thanks for sharing it.
    Emma.

    ReplyDelete