Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Aubergine Melts


Aubergines (or eggplants for my US readers!), I find, are the meatiest tasting vegetable out there. I can eat one of these and not feel like I am missing the meat part of my meal. I ate a whole one for my lunch, or you could have half with a couscous side dish. I couldn't entice any of my children to try it though! Not even the veg-loving one wanted to taste it. I loved it though, and will have it again soon.

Serves 1-2

1 whole aubergine
Olive oil
2 tablespoons pesto
1 ball of mozzarella, drained & sliced
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
Basil leaves to garnish

Preheat the oven to 200c. Cut the aubergine in half and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Spread a tablespoon of pesto on each half, then top with sliced mozzarella and then finish with the cherry tomato halves. Pop back into the oven for anther 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted & tomatoes softened. Sprinkle with basil.

3 comments:

  1. Made these today - they were lovely, really "meaty" and filling.
    Thanks for the recipe, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked them! I need to make them again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manufactured these types of currently : Passbeemedia.com we were holding splendid, truly "meaty" and filling.
    Appreciate it for that food,

    ReplyDelete